Executive Coordinator, Office of the President
The Executive Coordinator, Office of the President & Secretary serves as a key member of the President’s team and is responsible for supporting the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the activities of the President’s Office to fulfill the mission and vision of The Urban League of Philadelphia (ULP). This position undertakes and supports a broad range of critical activities for the Office of the President and the Board of Trustees while working closely with the Senior Staff, in helping the organization focus on and achieve its goals.
This includes ensuring that the Board of Trustees and Executive Committees have the proper resources and materials for discharging its duties effectively, its actions are appropriately recorded and documented, as well as assisting the CEO in maintaining effective board relations. The Executive Coordinator is instrumental in documenting official meeting minutes from the respective meetings. This position is visible to the entire organization community, coordinate front-desk activities and interacts on a daily basis with internal and external stakeholders and constituencies and Senior Leadership.
This position reports to: President & Chief Executive Officer
- Executive Administrative & Stakeholder Support
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Detail-Oriented & Organized
- Team Player
- Project/Task & Time Management
- Technical Skills
- Provides strategic and operational support for the CEO and Board of Trustees as well as internal and external constituencies and Senior Leadership.
- Manages a wide range of matters of organizational importance and is responsible for the central coordination of the CEOs appointments and schedule.
- Manages the operation of The ULP primary location front office. This involves greeting and directing visitors, coordinating the usage of office space, and performing other administrative tasks related to the front office running smoothly.
- Manages the planning, communications, and operations of the Board of Trustees and Board committee meetings in conjunction with Senior Leadership.
- Serves as point of contact for various constituency groups served by The ULP and provides internal coordination and leadership on administrative matters.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Office of the President and internal departments.
- Anticipates and manages preparational needs for CEO and other organizational meetings and/or events.
- Collaborates with the CEO and Sr. Leadership to ensure all governing responsibilities are addressed by the Board.
- Prepares board minutes and maintains records and documentation for the Board of Trustees.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains corporate and governance documents (by-laws, articles of incorporation, conflict of interest, board statement of expectations).
- Completes ad-hoc projects on behalf of the CEO, including high-level, confidential, and student-related assignments.
- Maintains confidentiality of issues involving the Office of the President and The ULP
- Assists with special projects assigned by the CEO including research, project management, event planning and management, and preparation for speaking engagements.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
Direct Supervisory Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a high-level support-oriented role.
- Documented record as an effective team player who achieves goals while helping others accomplish organization goals.
- Proficiency in Windows operating environment, along with current Microsoft Suite, database management, and researching via the Internet and web-based electronic resources.
- Proficiency in Board-related software and the ability to learn and use other current applications as needed.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Physical demands involve sitting for extended periods of time with the ability to stand as needed for comfort, regularly using the computer for most aspects of the job responsibilities. Requires the ability to travel to local offices and meetings, which may result in exposure to other temperatures and environments.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In subject line: Executive Coordinator, Office of the President