Urban League of Philadelphia & Google work to support business growth and safe environments for Black-owned storefronts
Dear Business Owner,
Thank you for your interest in the Google Storefront Kit Program. At this time the number of applicants has exceeded the number of kits Google has allotted. Therefore, we are no longer taking applications at this time.
If you would like to be updated on any changes, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank you!
We are working with Google to provide Black-owned, small and medium-sized businesses with Google Storefront Kits and other Google services. This initiative will support safer business environments for customers and employees of eligible businesses in response to COVID-19 safety measures.
This program supports eligible Black-owned small and mediums-sized businesses operating storefronts, food trucks, commercial office spaces, or customer-accessible home offices.
Urban League of Philadelphia is administering this program. Google is providing the products and free installation for the hardware, as well as providing access to free, online training that helps small businesses learn new digital tools to grow their business through Grow with Google.
Google is a trademark of Google LLC.
Google will provide eligible Black-owned businesses with Google Storefront Kits (GSKs) which includes a combination of: 3 Nest Cameras, 1 Nest Hub Max, 1 Nest Mini, 1 Nest Thermostat, 1 Pixel 4a 5G and a free 12-month subscription of the Nest Aware service.
These kits will enable businesses to establish safer, distanced customer interactions in this newfound COVID climate.
Google Storefront Kits provide eligible business owners with increased awareness and responsiveness to what is happening in their establishments, both on-site and remotely.
These products also allow for innovative, COVID-sensitive methods to safely and quickly interact with customers – limiting opportunities for exposure, increasing chances of staying open, and driving business growth.
Eligible firms must be:
- A small business at least 51% owned by a Black/African American
- A small business operating in the Greater Philadelphia region
- Must have been operating the business for at least one year
- Operating as a storefront, food truck, commercial office space, or customer-accessible home office
- 2019 Adjusted Gross Income of less than $250,000
- Broadband internet connection at the establishment with at least 2 Mbps upload speed (To check your broadband speed, visit this site and click on the blue “RUN SPEED TEST” button.)
- Must agree to complete all pre- and post-installation surveys
- Please note:
- Eligible businesses are only allowed to receive one kit (i.e., businesses with multiple locations can only receive one kit).
- Eligible business owners are only allowed to receive one kit (i.e., applicants that own more than one business may only receive one kit).
- Only one kit is allowed per establishment (i.e., an applicant that owns more than one business at the same address may only receive one kit).
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to begin your application
NOTE: Clicking the button above will open the application in a new tab.
For questions about the program or the application process, please email email@example.com .