Information collected and stored automatically:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store information concerning your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example “abccompany.com“)
- Your IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing on the Web) from which you access the site
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the site
- The date and time you access the site
- The pages you visit within the site
- If you linked to our web site from another site, the address of that website
Information that you voluntarily provide:
If you provide us with personally identifiable information, for example, by sending an email or by filling out a form and submitting it through the site, we use that information to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the information and services that you request. Submitting voluntary information constitutes your consent to the use of the information for the stated purpose. When you click the “submit” button on any of the web forms found on the site, you are indicating your voluntary consent for use to use the information you submit for the purpose stated.
Examples of such personal information include, but are not limited to, your name, address, phone number, social security number and date of birth. ULP also collects and maintains information about your ongoing participation and status in programs and services provided to its clients.
How may your information be used?
We use your personal information to be able to give you personalized service (for example, information about your local area or your favorite subjects); to send you email alerts; to answer your requests; to let you donate online, etc. You can easily opt-out at any time to stop any further contact with us. We also use it to track your and others’ use of our web site. This lets us see which of our features are the most popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. It also provides us aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing how many visitors used which features, for example) to outside parties.
ULP also collects and maintains information about your ongoing participation and status in programs and services provided to its clients. ULP will not disclose your personal information to third parties except for one or more of the following reasons:
- To fulfill your requests for services and assistance;
- To protect ULP from liability;
- To respond to legal process or comply with lawful requests for your personal information;
- In connection with a merger, acquisition or liquidation of ULP;
- For other reasons not prohibited by law; and
- For the additional reasons set forth in greater detail in the paragraph below.
ULP may publish materials and respond to requests regarding the successes of both ULP and its clients, which typically involves administrative metadata in publications, annual reports, press releases, websites, grant applications, solicitations, communications with federal, state and local governmental agencies, and communications with donors and sponsors. Your personally identifying information will not be utilized without your consent.
Links to other sites:
We store your personally identifiable information on secure servers. We also use other “anti-hacking” security measures and employ security consultants. We accept credit card donations only via a secure server. All stored information and transactions are protected by industry standard encryption.