Case Manager, Reentry Programs and Services
(Hybrid – Some Evening and Weekend Hours)
At Urban League of Philadelphia, the case manager plays a vital role in assessing, planning, coordinating, and evaluating the services and resources needed to support individuals re-entering the community post incarceration. We’re seeking an experienced case manager to join our team as we set the standard for compassionate, people centered approach. The ideal candidate will share our passion for improving people’s lives by providing access to the best possible resources and services. From Day 1, this person will have an impact on connecting individuals, with an underlying objective of enhancing and improving their lives. The role demands exceptional active-listening, patience, and great written and verbal communication.
Director, Re-entry Programs and Services
- Assessment and Planning
- Culture Competence
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Resource Management
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of individuals’ needs, strengths, and resources to determine appropriate services and support.
- Coordinate and facilitate access to various services, including medical care, counseling, housing, employment, education, and other community resources.
- Advocate for individuals’ rights and needs, ensuring they receive appropriate services and support from relevant organizations, agencies, and providers.
- Regularly monitor individuals’ progress towards achieving their goals and evaluate the effectiveness of the services provided.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to individuals, offering counseling, crisis intervention, and skill-building activities as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case records, documenting all assessments, service plans, progress notes, and communication with individuals and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other professionals, such as healthcare providers, social workers, psychologists, and legal representatives, to ensure a holistic and coordinated approach to individual’s needs.
- Educate individuals about available resources, programs, and services, and make appropriate referrals to external agencies or organizations when necessary.
- Conduct regular evaluations to assess the outcomes and impact of the services provided, identifying areas for improvement and implementing necessary changes.
Director Supervisory Experience:
Required skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work or public administration;
- Experience working with a marginalized vulnerable population;
- Three (3) or more years in case management, documentation and reporting in federal and/or state funded programs;
- Experience with social factors related to mental/health, incarceration, and those experiencing homelessness;
- Ability to work independently and collaborating across departments;
- Strong Microsoft Office and CRM platform experience
- Experience with community resources and agencies
Please submit resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Urban League of Philadelphia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.