Workforce Engagement Manager
Hybrid Role – Center City Philadelphia Office
The Workforce Development Engagement Manager is responsible for fostering partnerships, building relationships, and enhancing engagement with external organizations, stakeholders, and program participants to support the success of workforce development initiatives. This role involves collaborating with diverse stakeholders and communities to align and expand workforce development opportunities.
This position reports to: Director, Workforce Development
- Innovative Thinker
- Data Analytics
- Social Media Platforms
- Communication (Verbal & Written)
- Relationship Management
- Organizational Skills
- Identify and establish partnerships with government agencies, educational institutions, employers, non-profit organizations, and community groups to support workforce development goals.
- Negotiate partnership agreements, memorandum of understandings (MOU), and contracts as necessary.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including employers, community leaders, and program participants.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and external partners to ensure clear communication and alignment of goals.
- Develop and execute marketing and outreach strategies to promote workforce development programs and opportunities to the community and target populations.
- Create engaging content and materials for outreach efforts.
- Plan and organize events, workshops, job fairs, and community engagement activities to support workforce development initiatives.
- Coordinate logistics, manage vendor relationships, and ensure events run smoothly.
- Provide support and resources to program participants, ensuring they are well-informed and prepared for workforce development opportunities.
- Offer guidance and assistance throughout their journey, including career counseling, training, and job placement support.
Data Management and Reporting:
- Collect and maintain accurate records of partnerships, engagement activities, and participant interactions.
- Generate reports and metrics to assess the impact and effectiveness of engagement efforts.
- Manage the budget allocated for partnership development and engagement activities.
- Ensure efficient allocation of resources to maximize program success.
Direct Supervisory Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or three (3) to four (4) years’ work experience
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ of planning and organizing events, workshops, job fairs, and community engagement activities
- Previous experience in partnership development, community engagement, or a related field.
- Strong networking, relationship-building, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in data management and reporting.
- Knowledge of workforce development resources and trends.
- Note – Any combination of the above experience may be accepted.
- Ability to use recruiting platforms (LinkedIn, Applicant Tracking Systems, etc.)
The Urban League of Philadelphia does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.